Sunday, February 8, 2015

How To Stay Organized for School

This new semester has inspired me to stay organized for the rest of the year. I have realized that my organization skills are below satisfactory, so to become the A+ student that I know that I am, I reorganized everything! And I am going to share my tips with you.

1. Clean your entire room.
     -Start in sections (desk, vanity, closet, etc.). Cleaning your room in sections actually makes things more productive and I find that time passes more quickly.

2. Organize your book bag.
     -Dump everything out.
     -Throw away trash and useless items.
     -Put pencils and pens in a pencil pouch. You can find these anywhere for cheap, and even makeup bags work too.
     -Make sure binders and folders are not disorganized. You don't want to be sifting through your bag when trying to find your homework.

3. Use your planner.
     - I find that using my planner is the most productive way to keep organized.
     - Keep it color coded, it will make you want to look at it more when it is "pretty"
     - If you prefer to not use a planner, use a reminder app on your phone.

4. Clean out your locker.
     - If you have a locker, you should stay after school and reorganize it.
     - Throw away scrap paper.
     - Organize your books so you can see the side cover. Using this method will prevent you from being late to class and dropping your books on the floor.

5. Do your homework ate home.
     - Don't be that kid who is sitting in class doing their homework. Get it done at home and focus in class.

6. Pick out your outfit the night before

7. Make your lunch the night before (optional)

8. Pack your bookbag the night before

-XOXO Mikala

No comments:

Post a Comment